It is important that you read these terms and conditions as they will apply to your website.
1. Web Solutions reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we judge to be unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is by no means limited to, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
2. The acceptance of a website design commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Web Solutions
3. Web Solutions may on occasion be unable to start work immediately on a website design commission, though where necessary; the client will be notified of the guaranteed completion date, before any agreement is entered into.
4. Any and all material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. Any and all such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
5. The copyright for any and all material, both text and images, supplied by Web Solutions, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, remain the property of Web Solutions. The client may take possession of the copyright at any date, by making an agreed payment.
6. Any website domain name as purchased by Web Solutions will remain the property of Web Solutions. The client may take ownership of the copyright at any date, by making an agreed payment.
7. Web Solutions makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Firefox, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
8. Web Solutions can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a website promotion commission, chooses not to list a client’s web site.
9. Web Solutions will initially place the client’s website on one of Web Solutions demonstration servers in order that the client may view and comment upon the website’s progress. When both Web Solutions and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Web Solutions will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Web Solutions will publish the website on the main server and the website will become live to the public.
10. If at any point during the website design process a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be required to make payment on a pro rata basis, proportionate to the amount of agreed work completed.
11. If, during the website design process, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time (at the sole discretion of Web Solutions), the website design commission will be cancelled and item 11 of these terms and conditions will apply.
12. Web Solutions requires payment by cash, bank transfer, cheque or paypal within 7 days of the website design commission being completed. Paypal payments may incur and additional 5% to cover any mark-up.
13. Any cheques that are returned by the bank will incur the full costs of our bank charges, plus a £25 admin fee. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the client.
14. Web Solutions reserves the right to refuse service and /or access to its servers to anyone. Web Solutions does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers:
Illegal Material – Including copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation.
Miscellaneous content – Including pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, etc. and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites providing “links to” or “how to” information about such material.
15. Web Solutions agrees to host a client’s website on a monthly basis at an agreed rate, dependant on the size and platform of the website. This includes website hosting and email hosting only. Any additional design and development changes will be charged at an hourly rate and should be agreed in advance.
16. Client agrees to pay monthly invoices to Web Solutions in a timely manner, in advance for any month in which they wish to continue hosting services. Web Solutions requires payment by standing order on first day of every month to host and maintain the website. Failure to maintain hosting payments may result in the site being suspended and/or removed from servers (at the sole discretion of Web Solutions). Any re-instated services will be subject to a minimum administration fee of £100 per website.
17. Web Solutions reserves the right to cancel the service at any time. In this event customers will be entitled to a pro rata refund based upon the remaining period of any pre-paid membership. If a customer violates Web Solutions terms of service, a refund will not be issued in the event of a cancellation.
18. Customers may cancel their account at any time with a minimum notice of 30 days. Fees charged on a prepay basis are non-refundable. Clients who choose to host their website with an alternative supplier must also give a minimum of 30 days notice. There will be a standard charge of £100 transfer fee per website. Depending on the nature of the transfer, there may also be hourly charges incurred.
19. Web hosting companies occasionally implement changes on servers which may require minor adjustments to your website code by Web Solutions. Rare “down-time” or other problems requiring the assistance of Web Solutions may also occur. These changes may, at the discretion of Web Solutions, be billed at Web Solutions hourly rate.
20. Web Solutions shall not be responsible for any loss of business or other damages resulting from occasional “down-time” or other technical problems related to the host server, whether caused by the web hosting company or by broader Internet problems beyond our control.
21. It is the customers responsibility to take back-ups of their website. This includes any associated databases. Web Solutions takes steps to maintain system integrity. However, Web Solutions shall not be held responsible for loss of data due to any cause. To ensure the highest level of data protection, Web Solutions recommends that ALL information be backed up on your own computer using the tools provided in your control panel. As with any data that you hold a high importance to, it should be in more than one location at all times. All Web Solutions data backups are designed against hardware failure not customer user error. Web Solutions take backups of all shared and reseller servers onto a separate hard drive within the server on a monthly basis but we cannot guarantee backups will work properly. Restoration of a Web Solutions generated back-up may incur a cost.
22. Hosting accounts have agreed bandwidth usage limits. Web Solutions realise that from time to time, a Client may have unanticipated circumstances which cause their web sites to exceed this limit. In rare cases, such overages may result in additional charges, or temporary suspension of service. Should this occur, Web Solutions will first make every effort to contact you to prevent any unexpected charges or service interruptions.
23. Web Solutions reserve the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Web Solutions prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
24. An SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate is required for the conversation between your website and a visitors browser to be secured. Your visitors will see a secure padlock in their web browser and can be sure that data they enter into your contact form or purchases from your online store are secure. Web Solutions offer free SSL certificates from Lets Encrypt™.
25. By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.